Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MARCH 25, 2008 HAPPY BIRTHDAY JETT AND AVERY

Yesterday we celebrated Jett's 5th and Avery's 4th birthday. For those of you who don't know, they have the SAME birthday. Jett was born in 2003 and Avery was born in 2004. We counted our trip to Disney a few weeks ago as their "party" so we just had family over for some cake and ice cream last night. I found a baby picture of Avery, but Jett's baby pic's were before we went digital, so they are all on negatives. This is the best I could do!

Jett when he was about 1 year old and Jett opening his presents last night on his 5th birthday!

This is a picture of Avery on her blessing day and then picture of her last night opening her presents on her 4th birthday!
Each year, they both sit on a chair next to one another and open their gifts. Here, they are opening kites given to them by Aunt Kara, Uncle Sam, and Rusty.
So here is my attempt at fancy cakes. Jett's pirate hat looks a little rough...especially the skull. But Ave's butterfly turned out pretty good...and super easy!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That butterfly cake is so cute! Can you tell me how to make it? Avery is such a cute girl. Happy birthday to both of them. I can't believe you have 5 kids. Wow. :)

Erika Anderson said...

so the cake is super easy...just a 9 inch round cake, cut in half. Then I used three little debbie chocolate roll things...you can use twinkies, too. And then just frost and decorate. I got the idea from www.familyfun.com.

Sarah said...

i had no idea they were so close in age, that must have been a rough 2 years for you!

Leah W said...

I LOVE YOU ERIKA...and by the way fancy Blog....I am getting ready to post I promise....Steve's going out of town soon so I'll have plenty of time!