Friday, April 16, 2010

Ace's birth

We checked into the hospital first thing Thursday morning. Our hospital is TEENY and the maternity ward is actually closing at the end of the month, so they only had one DR and two nurses on hand. There was another woman there, so they concentrated on her first. So I just hung out most of the day, which was quite luxurious. At about 3 pm, they were ready to concentrate on me.
My epidural was a nightmare....they tried 3 or 4 times in two different places. Then my blood pressure bottomed out....very painful 45 minutes. But then heaven set in....they broke my water around 5 pm and things picked up from there.
As with the rest of my deliveries, I pushed just a couple of times, and my babe was born. Its a good thing that my babies don't waste time coming out, because ALL of them have had their cords wrapped around their necks. Notice how purple little Baby Ace is in this picture. (Duce was that purple, too!)
But he pinked up quickly and weighed in at 9 pounds 03 ounces and 21 inches.
My nurse midwife was amazing, and the nurses couldn't have been more attentive to me! What a great experience.
Since he was born at night, the kids came to see him the next day (Friday)

Avery and Josie couldn't get enough of him. When it was time to leave, Josie burst into tears because she didn't want to leave us behind.

All the kiddos!!!


These pictures were taken at about 11 PM...everyone was gone and it was just me and Ace. He was so alert, following my voice. FYI: the boy has a sucking reflex like a bear trap....wow!

Friday, the girls flew in from Florida and come straight over to the hospital.

Grandma Munns with her 40th grandchild!

It was so wonderful to have Kara, Emily, and Shelly come with their babies, Charlotte, Jackson, and Hazel. This was my smallest entourage for one of my births....only Shanda and my mom were there with Tyler and I in the delivery room. (I usually allow them to set up stadium seating in my delivery rooms....the more the merrier!)
My baby boy....his newborn feet and wrinkly toes...the first of many pictures taken of our Ace Wade Anderson!

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Awwww, so adorable! Congratulations! I can't believe all your babies have the cord wrapped around their necks. I love that brand new, new born face.

critts said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

so cute erika! i LOVE the pic with you and all your kids. you are super woman!

ace is adorable! so glad everything went well!

Leah W said...

I Should have been in this picture with maggie...blast this move!

LOVE YOU!

The Stucki's said...

Congratulations Andersons!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! You are super woman/mom. Ace is adorable I can't believe how alert he is on the day he was born. Glad you are well and glad he's a good little eater. That's always a relief!!

Ansbaughmom said...

Congrats Andersons!! I know it has been awhile since we have been in touch but was just thinking about your family and wanted to say hi!! The kids are growing so fast!! You look amazing!! So happy for you!! Take care!!
-Steffanie Ansbaugh