Thursday, April 2, 2009

"How Does Your Garden Grow?"


While grandma munns was here a few weekends ago, she helped us get a head start on our garden.
The kids LOVED the idea of planting seeds. Jett will take the sesame seeds off his cheeseburger and try to plant them, so this was right up his alley.

We are looking forward to a bountiful harvest all summer long. And the kids actually will eat what we grow....more so than if I just bought it at the store...funny huh! Now Tyler is another story....but he is coming along...spinach, squash zuchinni, yes....tomatoes, not so much.

6 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i think your mom needs to come and visit me! i could totally use some help on some projects! she seems like an amazing person!

W said...

That's fantastic. Do you like those garden kits? I really want to start a garden but don't even know where to begin.

Shannon said...

i am smiling bc we did that EXACT same thing w/ those same little pods a few weeks ago and my kids loved it too! and bc shay has one of your girls' same shirts too, even though it's target and i am sure lots of people have it for their girls, i felt connected to you when i saw this post

Shannon said...

and jaden tries to plant every seed he can find too, from watermelon, oranges, apples, plums...he and jett would be buds...

critts said...

I wish your mom could come help me start a garden! I'd love to do it but I'm green-thumb clueless. Please post pics of the garden in progress!

Alison said...

okay, I really want to start a garden this year and I have no idea where to begin. Should I get one of these starter kits? I'm totally emailing you.