Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday in the yard


Remember back when we planted all those little seeds to start our garden...here's the update on that. I loved it.....the seeds grew and everything was looking up! Until I realized a few things

#1 where was I going to plant them in my yard
#2 who was going to take care of my garden while we are gone most of the summer
#3 I have A LOT of teeny tiny sprouts that probably should've been planted into the ground to avoid the transplanting...that I don't think they are hardy enough to survive
(me and my not so green thumb)
So this is what we did...we widdled down what we had A LOT! Kept the best tomatoes/red peppers/squash. We then transplanted them into slightly larger pots until I could get a spot in the yard ready. And today was that day. My darling husband built me a little container garden. I figure what survives our absence of 6/7 weeks this summer is great...what doesn't, that's ok, too. I feel like I have a little (and I mean a LITTLE) bit of gardening experience, that I won't feel overwhelmed next time. I can do it!

0 comments: