Thursday, May 21, 2009

what to do with this MOP?!






(Sorry that the pics are a little over-exposed...couldn't figure out how to fix it)
My hair has morphed into a totally different creature over the last 7 years. With each child it had gotten DARKER and CURLIER. I was the girl in dance class who was standing in the wings of my recitals with curlers still in. My mom would quickly take them out, I would go out and dance, and by the time my routine was over, so were my curls. (and the curls are mostly on the under layer...the top layer of hair is pretty straight.) Its amazing what hormones do to you. So anyway, I'm in a constant conundrum over what to do with my hair. I've given up being blond. Just too much time and money needs to be invested into the upkeep. But what to do with the length??? When its short, I wish it was long. When its long, I wish it was short. Should I just cut it...and if so, what kind of style?? I'm not one to spend a lot of time on my hair...product??? what's that??? I may straighten it once a week...if I'm lucky. But for the most part, these pictures are what you see....this is air dried from this morning. Its a little unruly! And more times than not, its up in some sort of ponytail/bun/rat nest. I'd love to hear your suggestions....I'm up for just about anything.

11 comments:

Adrianne said...

My hair did the same thing. I have loved going even darker with it and cutting it to a length that requires me to do it every day! Can't believe that your hair has gotten so long! Make sure you post pictures with whatever you decide!

abbie said...

have you ever had it super short? maybe like an a-line bob with some bangs?? not super short ones though. really i have no clue what i'm talking about but i do think short hair would look good on you and it seems like your hair grows fast... so why not?! but i am the same way, always chopping and wishing it was a different length. can't wait to see what you decide!

Heidi said...

I'm in the same boat, only instead of darker, I get more gray. :)I was thinking about long bangs of some sort. You could do some layers of different lengths. That way you keep the length, but still have some shortness too. Does that even make sense? LOL

Leah W said...

Erika...that is like goddess hair.....I LOVE it... but know that it is also a pain!! Short and blonde has always been my favorite so let's try short and brown!!!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

i am dying that this is your hair!! crazy!!! if you were sitting in my chair i would probably cut it a few inches, layer it up a bunch and do a long side swept bang. or even a thick straight across bang would be darling! i definitely say keep it longer for summer because you can always pull it back in a ponytail. i say wait to cut it off until you can't stand it long for another minute!

Shelly Hyde said...

It is seriously goddess hair.DONT CUT IT... just a trim. I am so sorry we didnt get around to it while you were here. You will hate yourself if you go Blonde... you will NOT want to keep up on it. Please, whatever you do... DO Not let mother cut it. I think Katie is right... bangs would be so cute... have you seen V's new bangs? They look awesome on her.

kara jo haught said...

ERIKA... dont do a thing!!!! it really is GODDESS hair. seriously fight the itch... its not worth it!!!

kenandrohosking.blogspot.com said...

i think a bob would be cute. It doesnt have to be super short. It sure has grown out a lot. It will be fun to see if you do anything by the reunion.

critts said...

I am super jealous! I love your hair! I wish mine was curly and I hoped that after babies mine would be but no such luck yet. I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Anonymous said...

Erika, I still remember the bob you had cut while we were in Paris together. That was sooooo darling on you. I say, get a trim and cut bangs! (I am loving mine!) Then after the summer (maybe before you leave FL) go for a cute brunette bob! You do look like a wild goddess in those pics though!

Sarah said...

don't do a thing to it! but wait, that's the fun of being a girl--go crazy with it and don't worry, it'll grow out if you hate it but i do love it long