Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crystal River and Scalloping in the gulf!


(This is what happens when you go too many hours out on the ocean WITHOUT sunscreen. Tsk. Tsk.)

Last weekend, my family went over to Crystal River to do a little "scalloping". And let me just tell you....it was FUN!!! I LOVE snorkeling...add in the thrill of finding scallops and I didn't want to come back into the boat. Duce and Jett had a great time in the water, too, and were each successful in their snorkel attempts. The girls and baby Tee stayed back at the hotel (with grandma) and went swimming in the pool. The hotel rooms were a bit rough, but the pool and park were GREAT! There were oysters and fishing trips galore...and what is a Munns boating trip without running out of gas...yes....it happened again! That just means more time to fish and swim, right?!
Dad, Daniel and Jordan shucking the scallops
Jordan and Shanda grilled up some freshly caught oysters and served them up....a cracker and some hot sauce. I think this was my first oyster....not exactly delicious, but not as bad as I expected....you mostly just taste cracker and hot sauce....maybe that's the point.
I finally convinced Duce to try one. He was a little hesitant, but finally ate it.
IT WAS A LOVELY WEEKEND. THANKS GRANDMA AND GO-DAD MUNNS!!!
Before leaving, the boys filleted the fish. Then last night we had a "fish fry" with some of the catch from the weekend...plus some frog legs Daniel had caught previously. Yum! (I did not try the frog legs...and Tyler called me a wimp!)

0 comments: