Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm all "banged" up!

So after much debate, I have only trimmed my hair and my sisters all talked me into bangs. Haven't had them since 6th grade. Most of the time, I like them. But the times I don't, thank heavens for bobby pins! My cutest husband had said many many months ago no to me getting bangs, so I was nervous to tell him. He flew in from Utah and when I picked him up, I had them pinned back so he couldn't tell. We chatted a bit once we were back in the car. I finally turned to him and said, " I have to tell you something and you can't get upset. (pause) My sisters are really really excited, my mother is thrilled and even my dad said this isn't a bad thing." Now, as I'm saying this, his expression is going blank and he looks like a deer in the headlights and I realize that it sounds like I am about to tell him I'm pregnant! So to put the poor man out of his misery I quickly take the pin out and fluff my hair down and say, "I got bangs!" The relief that washed over his face made me laugh. My sister later asked him, given the choice...bangs or pregnant....he quickly said "bangs!".

During my hair debate, I found that just about every guy I asked said NOT to cut it and just about every girl said to cut it....except my sisters. They were adamant about me not cutting. And since Shelly is my hairdresser, I went with NO cut.....for now at least. So I just trimmed off about 3 inches. And NO I didn't darken it either. This is my natural color. I guess having the bangs makes my hair look darker!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

erika i am loving the bangs! your eyes pop out and your look so pretty!

kylee said...

Very cute. I think you look great in bangs!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

LOVE the bangs!!

Alison said...

I still can't get over how dark your house is now! Love the bangs.