Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry Potter Movie Night

(YES I made glasses out of pipe cleaners! And YES I wish I had a Gryffindor banner or cape and YES my son Duce was humiliated by me and YES people looked at me funny and YES I was the only one with any type of Harry Potter paraphernalia on!)
I love the Harry Potter books. I didn't start reading them until last year and I am ready to read them all over again. The first time through, I rushed because I wanted to know what happened next....now I want to go back and actually enjoy and soak in more of JK Rowling's incredible imagination! So it should be no surprise that I wanted to go to see the latest movie.

My brother, Ryan, and his two oldest, along with his brother-in-law, Jonathan, my mom, my sis-in-law Emily and Duce and Jett came along for the show.
The movie was scarier than I thought (can't believe it was only rated PG) and like all Harry Potter movies, SO much was left out! But all in all I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the 2 PART final movie(s)...yup...they are making the last book into 2 movies! About twenty minutes into the movie, Jett told me he was cold and wanted to lay down. I was to ingrossed in the show and must have mumbled something to him that said "lie down then" because when the movie was over, he was asleep on the NASTY theater floor! (good thing because he slept right through the really scary parts)

3 comments:

kara jo haught said...

i told you... it freaked me out. Good thing Sissy pants didnt go!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

love that you love harry. i do too! and hilarious that jett was asleep on the floor. too funny!

abbie said...

that is hilarious about jett sleeping on the floor!