Friday, April 18, 2008

Virginia is for lovers.....



....and the Anderson's. Last week, Tyler received a phone call from the head football coach as Southern Virginia University and was offered the offensive coordinator position. (apparently, he will be the head track coach, too!) He readily accepted. He has been itching to get back into college coaching and this is his chance. We will be moving in June. It is bittersweet for me. I am dying at the thought of leaving Florida. I love the weather. I love our house. I love our friends. But the hardest thing BY FAR will be moving away from all my family. The only thing keeping me sane and knowing I will have my little brother Jordan and is new bride, Shanda. We will keep you all posted.


Now begins the killer task of selling a house, buying a house, packing a house and then unpacking a house.......UGH!

(this is the main hall of the university....beautiful!)

10 comments:

Scotty said...

Congratulations on the new job. I'm surprised that you've been able to live so close to family these past years with football ruling your lives. Scott and I know too well about being dragged around the country in the name of football. You guys will do great! FYI...I can't believe you had a baby only months ago and you look like that!! Not Fair! --Ashley Jackson

Heidi said...

I can't believe how jealous I am! We're moving too, but we just don't know when or where yet!!

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats! how exciting is that? i lived in virginia for 4 years - granted, i was pretty young - but we loved it. good luck as you try and get everything ready for the move!

Linnea said...

booo hoooo

Eva and Joey said...

What a sad, but happy post! You have me overwhelmed by the thought of your move...so sorry for you! I have no doubt that you'll be back to visit all the time and thank heavens for blogging!

Kristen said...

oh my gosh, erika- congratulations to tyler, that is soo awesome!!! when,exactly, are you moving? (i'll be home again in june. . () wow, i am so excited for you, that is so cool!

kylee said...

Congratulations! I've heard Virginia is beautiful. I'm sure Tyler is very excited! Good luck with the everything (selling the house, buying a house, packing, and unpacking) I know it wont make you feel any better but we aren't excited to do all that either ... I don't like to even think about it!

Adrianne said...

Wow! What an overwhelming feeling! I am sure that you are happy and sad and excited all at once! I love the East Coast- and I am sure Virginia will be awesome but so sad to leave your family! Best of luck with the move!

Jamie said...

Wow, Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I know it's bitter sweet but at least you'll still be in the south. Moving stinks, Good Luck with everything.

critts said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. What a fun new adventure.