Thursday, March 12, 2009

B.O. for my BOY


So I thought it was a just a freak thing....didn't think much of it. But when he came home from school the other day and I immediately smelled it, I knew something had to done. My seven year old son has B.O. Its not the 50 year old man working outside all day, knock you off your feet offensive body odor....but its an odor, nonetheless. And needs to be addressed....its sort of like he's been hanging around the kitchen by the deep fryer of an old chinese restaurant...kind of like over cooked fried chinese food. Anyway. I told him to go get one of dad's deodorants and put it in his room and that he had to put it on every morning. He seemed perfectly happy about that. Me....I'm STRUGGLING! He's only 7! I'm not ready for this. I know it doesn't mean that tomorrow he will be shaving or that next week his voice is going to drop...and all the other FREAKY things that happen to boys when they hit puberty. But its the beginning.....and I thought I had a few more years to prepare. My hope is that this is the ONLY thing that will happen over the next 5 years....no hair, no cracking voice, no girl interest...none of that. I can take chinese food smell....that's all I can take!
(maybe I should start checking ALL my foods for injected hormones...isn't that linked to girls getting their . early?)

6 comments:

Jordan & Shanda said...

Oh my little Duter! I'm not gonna lie, I've noticed it a few times....he's borrowed some of J's deodorant before! But I just thought it was like a long day at play or something....

Suzanne said...

Love the picture you found! Reading this about Duce makes me realize how fast my little boy Lincoln is going to grow up. It still seems like Duce is four to me, I mean I think thats how old he was when I met him for the first time at the reunion.

Alison said...

When he's older and he looks back on your blog posts, I'm sure Duce is going to LOVE that you wrote about his B.O.! Too funny. Man, I didn't even think about having to deal with something like this when Will gets older!

Shelley said...

Ohhhh, isn't it funny that smelly pits make you sentimental? :) Seriously you would think you had a while still. Too funny. They grow up too fast.

It's Been a Day! said...

yes - injected hormones is linked to earlier puberty. very funny post though. i guess girls have always been right about boys - they stink!!

critts said...

LOL my sister Kelli went through the same thing with Jackson recently. At least you're not the mom that ignores it. I always wonder if those parents just don't smell their kids?