Friday, June 13, 2008

Virginia or BUST!


I'm not a crier....it takes a lot to make me cry...this move has made me cry like a baby! But I am so glad to have had these four years to live so close to my family. I have loved EVER bit of it....swimming at go-dad's, running errands with the girls, going to Chism Park with "Russy", Melbourne for some Quigley fun, I could go on and on. Thank you my darling family. I'm quiting now before I start crying again!


WE decided to drive at night. The kids sleeping most of the time was the real appeal. Having mom drive with us was the lifesaver. She drove the truck and we all rode in the van. That way, when Tee needed me, I could crawl back and do the "lean over" that we nursing moms all have mastered. The kids did ok. IT was still pretty brutal. "Power shots"....the little pick me ups on right near the check out in gas stations really came in handy...oh and Red Bull is DISGUSTING! Mom was the hero of the trip. She drove nearly a 12 hours before a break. She was "high" on her 5 hour power shot and listening to her book on tape.
We hit to road at around 8:30 Friday night and pulled in to Buena Vista at around 10:30 am Saturday morning. Next is the joy of unpacking!

3 comments:

Linnea said...

are you kidding? I heart Redbull!

It's Been a Day! said...

so glad you made it. i'm sure it was quite the adventure!

stephanie and i grew up together. We've known eachother since we were like 1!! but, i do agree. it's such a small world.

so sorry you had to leave your family. while i only had my parents here, it was so fun while it lasted. i think living by family could be the best thing! however, there is still fun to be had making new friends and having your own adventures.

kara jo haught said...

scary that you were driving, drinking ad delicious red bull and taking a pic all at the same time... you really are a multi-tasker aka mom of 5!