Monday, August 18, 2008

hurricane Fay...more like thunderstorm Fay


Before we left for Florida, I told Shanda that I sort of wanted a hurricane to come while we were there. I have this weird love of storms...ever since I was little. I LOVE the thunder and the lightning and the wind and the rain. Ofcourse, I don't want the death and destruction that sometimes comes along with it....but I do LOVE a good storm. So here comes Fay....the newscasters here are HILLARIOUS! They live for this sort of stuff. They are all camped out on different beaches, scanning the horizon for "feeder bands". I think they all secretly wish for them, too so they can dedicate an entire newscast to the storm. Fay doesn't look like she will be anything to get worked up over...probably nothing more than your typical summer afternoon thunderstorm by the time it gets to us....but atleast school was canceled so we can spend more time with cousins before we leave for Virginia on Friday!

0 comments: