Monday, August 25, 2008

Question?

I know this is a random thought...random weird maybe a little personal thought, but many of you know my "upfrontness" about my breast milk. ( I can breast feed a small nation and I've had two brothers totally swear off anything with dairy in it at my house while I'm nursing. I've been known to make "special" smoothies and milkshakes for all my kids....why waste it!)
So here is my thought....Tee is my only child who doesn't seem to like baby food. I know all the professionals say to introduce veggies first...but who really does that? So Tee is nearly 7 months old and for the last two months I've been having to practically pry his mouth open with the spoon to get him to eat anything...bananas, pears, etc. The other day, I noticed I had some peas so I thought I'd try that and the boy TANKED it....like he hadn't eaten in days. Since then I've tried other veggies and he LOVES them. He still gags on any fruit. So what does this mean....is my milk more like green beans than bananas?

5 comments:

tanya said...

Love the post! It made me laugh. I am not good about leaving comments, but I just had too. My guess is as good as yours! We love to see the updates on you guys hope to see the family sometime soon! They're growing so fast. Tell tyler hi.

Adrianne said...

ummmmm! Sitting here at work in the middle of the night- made me laugh right out loud and then i had to share with the other L&D nurses. I'd swear of dairy too if I ever come to visit!

It's Been a Day! said...

yeah, remind me to never have a "special" milkshake at your house. I have no answers for you since I can barely produce enough to fill a tablespoon, but glad that he likes the veggies! and i can't believe he's 7 months already. that went by way too fast.

Jamie said...

I too would swear off dairy at your house! That's pretty funny!! Maybe since breast milk is sweet he just has a craving for something more savory:)??

Shelly Hyde said...

Your milk is sweet...