Saturday, November 8, 2008

kitchen renovation....

This was the inspiration.

While my sisters were here, we got a wild hair. I have this spoon that is teal. I randomly said that one day, I would like that color to be my new accent color in my kitchen. (right now, its yellow). I went down to the basement and came back up to find my sisters clearing out the kitchen. They felt brave and made me feel brave, too, and before we knew it, we were at Wal-Mart (at 10 pm) getting tape and brushes and primer and rollers to begin what we had planned to be a quick 24 hour redo of my kitchen. We should have known better.

Kara and Shanda....rolling and sweeping!

we made a MAJOR mistake....but didn't realize it until the primer and first coat of paint was on...we used latex primer and needed to use and oil based primer....so we had to spend the next 6-8 hours peeling off everything we had just done!


Keep in mind, we have EIGHT children (7 years and under, including three under the age of 14 months) So the house was DESTROYED!

(while the mothers were busy peeling and scraping...the kids entertained themselves!-yes that is josie in panties and a pacifier....we were very lax during this whole process!)


But, I must say, that after a few melt downs (kids and moms included) the kitchen looks amazing and I owe my sisters for it. Kara, Shelly and Shanda worked tirelessly and even extended their trip in order to get it all done!

3 comments:

Leah W said...

I need more pictures of the finished product.....I wish I could have been there!

Shelly Hyde said...

I love it!!! I am so proud. I just wish that we would have painted pantry thingy... and the pics above the bench... i think i would be more striking with just the picture of Jesus and the little children... i can say this bc i am the one that did that wall.

kara jo haught said...

i love it... have to agree with the jesus painting... cant wait to do more next im in town