Thursday, September 18, 2008

apple picking!



The best thing about our backyard is this amazing apple tree. I still haven't figured out exactly what kind of apples they are, but we know they are good! And the are a BAZILLION! The tree doesn't look like tis was pruned very oftne, so the branches are pretty high....we will have to prune them back a little. Good thing I have kids who love to climb...I'll have to send them up into the top branches to get those apples.
Jett couldn't find a ladder....he is very resourceful (notice his fur lined boots...Avery left them out and he needed some shoes quick!)- - - Duce picked this apple and two more feel down on him

The skins look a little rough, but they are delicious. This was five minutes worth of picking...and I didn't even get a ladder! Now I just need to get out my cannner and can us up some applesauce, apple butter, apple pie filling, apple chunks...you get the picture!

0 comments: