Sunday, September 21, 2008

Girlie Girl!!!

This morning was the Primary program in church. So I wanted to curl Avery's hair. She happily got up on the stool and let me put her hair up in the purple and pink hot sticks from when I was little. As I was doing her, I told her that my mom used to put these same curlers in my hair when I was a little girl. She said, "And now I'm your little girl and you are my mom and you can put them in my hair!"
(the scratches on her cheek are from the game last night....she got a little rowdy with the boys)
Once I took her hair out, she said "uh mom, I look like Maddie" (our little naturally SUPER curly haired cousin) She was loving her curls until Jett saw her and laughed at her. That brought on the tears and then my dad commented on how cute she looked....I guess the attention (good or bad) was too much because she SOBBED more. I finally got her to stop by telling her the more she cries, the more attention she will bring to herself. So don't cry and people won't look at you.
So after church, I asked her if anyone said anything about her hair. And she said, "No mom. I didn't cry so no one looked at me"
BYTHEWAY...the program was great. Avery said part of her line, then kept shaking her head and wouldn't not finish. The boys were champs....said their lines perfectly and adorabley!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

she looks adorable and i love her gorgeous eyes!

Shelley said...

That story was so funny. I love the drama that girls bring - at such an early age. She is so cute.

kara jo haught said...

i love the hair i just wish i could see more of that dress!