Friday, September 12, 2008

the "itch"

The Ichetucknee River, that is!

With all the tubes and rope, we caused quite the traffic jam on the river! It was a beautiful, relaxing float...definitely a repeat for next year!

Our BELOVED amigo, Jorge-"our brother from another mother" with Aidan....the patriarch of this massive group, Go-dad Munns

Ryan in all his tubing glory....Avery and Claire-this was a rare smile for both of them. For the first hour and half, neither were having fun...to cold and to much "nature". They prefer swimming in the chlorinated pools with no spiders or Spanish moss.
We brought along some snorkel gear and everyone had fun chasing fish and turtles. A lucky few even caught a glimpse of an elusive otter!

(check out my balancing skills)
So I can't believe I haven't posted these pictures yet. This was when we were in FL in August. It's been a Munns tradition to float this clear, cool, spring fed river. So this summer, we rounded up the crew and the Munns clan hit the water in our tubes.

4 comments:

Johnny said...

Erika, it is nice to hear from you. I was a little confused for a moment because my 2nd grade crush was a girl named Erika Anderson. I thought maybe she was stalking me. We live in Belmont, MA now. I believe this was your stomping grounds for a little while. How do you know the Stuckis? It is funny how you run into people on these blogs. Emily was reading Matt and Heidi Russell's blog. He is one of her high school friends. I walked by the computer when she was reading their blog and I saw a picture of your cousin Shannon. I couldn't figure out how to get a hold of her though, because her blog was private. So tell her I said hi. I will quit writing a book in your comments. It was nice to hear from you. I love the river runs and would love to do that next time I am down in Florida.

kara jo haught said...

good times on the river!

Sarah said...

wow, i just caught myself up on your blog and i have way to much to say...your house looks fun and happy as always and i'll stop there...happy birthday bro/president munns!

Jordan & Shanda said...

The good ole Itch.... check out the comment Leah made on the poop blog of mine. It's hillarious!