Thursday, September 18, 2008

tender heart Avery

I walked past the front room and saw Avery sitting like this...I didn't think much of it. I went back to cleaning and came back in the room and she was all teary-eyed. I asked her what was wrong and she bursted into hysterical crying about how she missed Florida and wanted to live there again forever.
She began sobbing about not being able to see Claire (her Quigley cousin) who she says is her "bestest friend in the whole world" and that she "never gets to see her and Claire misses her and she misses Claire and they need to be together because they are the most bestest friends ever"...and on and on and on she went. So I tried to put things together...figure out what brought this on. I noticed she was watching AirBud in the Disney channel. I guess there is a moment in the movie where the dog and the boy have to leave each other and the boy is saying how they are best friends and he misses him. AH HAH! That was it. She must have been sad from the movie and in her little girl heart, began to think about her best friend that she has been seperated from. I tried to make her feel better by talking about the little girls inher preschool class that she is friends with...Nope that did not help. "But mom, (sob sob) they didn't (sob sob)know me (sob sob) when I was (sob sob) a little girl"---followed but another bout of hysterical crying! well, after plenty of hugs and lots of rocking, I eventually calmed her down with promises of LOTS of Claire time when we go to Florida to visit. My sweet little sis!

1 comments:

laura said...

aww this makes me want to cry! :) poor avery trying to hide her little tears....aidans best friend is a dog lol