Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm a "foodie"


Homemade cinnamon buns....uhm....I gained 10 pounds tonight eating them...perfect FHE treat!
I admit it. I LOVE food. I love the Food Network. (I secretly dream of owning an amazing diner with the best breakfast grub EVER!) I love cooking food. I love cooking new food. I love trying new food. I LOVE food. So here are just a few of my culinary attempts in the last couple of weeks. In an effort to be more frugal, I am not buying any more breads...except the typical sandwich bread. (my goal is to even cut that out). I am making all my breads....pizza dough, pie crusts, dinner rolls, cinnamon buns...etc. So far so good. And now I might be able to actually rotate my food storage if I keep this up.

pie crust....the lattice work was a DISASTER! I'll have to work on that.

an apple plum pie...with apples from our tree and plums that were in the fridge and needed to be used! it was DELIGHTFUL!
(Duce's - Tyler's - Erika's - Avery's - Josie's - Jett ate his too fast to get a picture)
I was inspired by my friend (Adrianne) to make sugar cookies. I've never really done it. I've been intimidate by the whole process. but I hear stories of childhood memories baking cookies with their mom and I want to have that...I I tried. Mine didn't turn out NEARLY as lovely as A's, but the kids still ate them right up.

6 comments:

The Stucki's said...

I'm right there with you!! I love food too and we just made cinnamon rolls on Sunday too (& some raspberry white chocolate rolls as well...DELICIOUS!) I totally agree about the bread thing. By the way I am trying a new pizza crust this weekend, and I will e-mail you the recipe for the bacon alfredo recipe after we see how the new crust turns out! The food looks delicious & the pumpkins are way cute.

Adrianne said...

You can never go wrong with sugar cookies. And despite the (HUGE) mess they are one of my very favorite things to do with my kids!! Love all the baking. When you open your diner- I'm there!

kara jo haught said...

i want to dive face first into those cinnamon rolls! You know you have a problem when you wish you could fall to sleep with the taste of outback's cheese fries (extra good stuff soaked in their special ranch!!!!) and wake up to it in the morning! HAHAHA that sounds really freaking sick...

Leah W said...

that is sick kara... but i could dive into some of that pie and the cinnamon rolls so there!

Sarah said...

you can come to my house and cook anytime, i'll even clean up (eat everything) when you're done!

Curtis said...

Your Baking is sorely missed on Oak Shore Dr.