Monday, May 12, 2008

"I think I have a fever"

So yesterday morning, after my delicious breakfast in bed, I came out into the family room to find a wet rag on the couch. This is how it all went down.

Duce: "Dad, I don't feel good. I think I have a fever."
Tyler feels his head: "Yup, you do feel a little warm."
Duce: "Do I have to go to church today?"
Tyler: "Well, I guess not, if you have a fever."
Jett: "HEY, GET ME A HOT RAG SO I CAN PUT IT ON MY HEAD AND STAY HOME, TOO!"

Thank you , Uncle Jordan, for teaching my son how to fake a fever. A few weeks ago, Duce kept complaining that Jett was aloud to skip school....Jett had croup and sounded like death! He went as far as to say Jett was faking it to get out of school. When I offered Jett some medicine, he said no....that it was gross. Duce took that to mean that he didn't really want to get better! Jordan took pity on Duce and took matters into his own hands. So anyway...mental note to me....when approached by a child claiming a fever...look around for hot rags first!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

the more i hear about duce the more i love him!

Shelly Hyde said...

What a sneaky sneakster